Wednesday, December 5, 2007

If not now, then when?

In yoga we talked about taking a chance, pushing the envelope, challenging ourselves. My teacher said, "If not today, then when?"

This really resonated with me. I am not a procrastinater but I think it is the human condition to put off what one finds difficult or unpleasant. This could include cleaning a closet or walking the dog. I think this is what we have done regarding finding alternative sources for energy. We have not wanted to take our medicine today to prevent illness in the future. Now, the future is upon us. I try to challenge myself daily to try to find ways to live a cleaner, more conscious life. If I don't do it now, then when?

1 comment:

Carol said...

Heidi, I agree. We must all be awake as much as possible, educate ourselves on what's happening in the world around us, widen our scope, and do what we can to help. Even the smallest action, whether it's supporting a cause through prayer or monetary means to a simple smile directed at a stranger, the action will expand consciousness and leave a positive mark. Today is the best day to start. I found some good information that follows your thought on the site, www.cafh.org. I've learned a lot by studying the teachings offered there.